Thank you for your interest in working with me! Please ensure that you read my terms of service in full. By sending payment you confirm that you have read and agreed to my terms of service.
For the purposes of this document, ‘you’ refers to the client and ‘I’ refers to the artist.
Last updated: March 2, 2017
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for all commission inquiries.
Payment must be made in full before I will begin work. I currently accept PayPal payments in either USD or CAD, and I will send you an invoice once we’ve established the price of your commission.
If you are local I am happy to accept cash and will provide a written receipt.
Refunds and Cancellations
Before any work on your order has begun you are able to cancel and receive a full refund. If you would like to cancel after I have begun to work on your order you will receive a partial refund, depending on how much I have completed.
Custom orders that have been fully completed are not eligible for a refund unless an error was made on my part that cannot be rectified.
If I have to cancel your order for any reason you will receive a full refund regardless of how much work has been completed.
When you purchase a commission from me, here’s how the process works!
- You contact me and let me know that you’re interested in a commission. Be sure to include all reference images, character descriptions, and any other relevant information. The more references you can provide, the better!
- I will give you a time estimate for your commission and let you know the price. Once we’ve agreed to a deadline and price I will send you a PayPal invoice for your commission.
- Once you have paid, I will draw the sketch for your commission and send it to you for approval. This is the time to request any changes! There is a limit of two free revisions per image, any further revisions are $10 each.
- When you have approve the image I will complete it and email you a scan or photo of the finished commission. If you requested the physical copy of your image, or if you commissioned a pendant, I will mail it.
- And that’s it!
Digital-only commissions are delivered via email. Please ensure that you save your image to your own computer as I may no longer have images older than 12 months.
All physical items are sent by Canada Post letter mail or light package, depending on the size. Delivery confirmation or expedited shipping within Canada and the US can be added at the expense of the buyer. If you would like additional shipping features, please let me know when you first contact me about your commission.
Art cards and small images are mailed in a rigid plastic card protector to prevent them from being bent or damaged in transit. Pendants are mailed in a bubble mailer and/or sandwiched between cardboard to protect them.
I retain all rights, including commercial and distribution rights, to all images that I create. This includes, but is not limited to, copying, editing, printing, reproducing, distributing, and re-posting for sale and self-promotion purposes, unless otherwise negotiated.
If you are interested in purchasing the rights to an image please contact me.
If you commission an image you can:
- Crop the image to use as an icon
- Repost the image to your personal art page/blog, along with a link back to Dinosaur and Pony
- Make prints for your own personal, non-commercial use
If you commission an image you cannot:
- Claim that you created the image
- Edit the image (besides cropping it to use as an icon)
- Use the image for commercial purposes without my permission and signed consent
- Upload the image anywhere without credit
Although I retain the rights to repost finished and in progress art on my website and social media, I will not use the name of the commissioner or any subjects in the image unless I have requested and received permission.
Likewise, I will not repost any reference images unless I have requested and received permission.
What I won’t draw
While I am happy to draw a lot of things (especially cute cartoony critters!), there are a few things I will not draw:
- Copyrighted characters
- Adult images/situations
- Complex mechanical objects (vehicles, robots, spaceships, etc)
- Gory stuff